[Sca-cooks] fish at feasts

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 24 13:47:37 PDT 2008

Cailte mentioned:
<<< we had fried calimari at one feast (italian) and the table
wound up passing almost the whole tray down to connor and
me.  lightly floured, fried and with lemons to squeeze on
it.  delicious! >>>

Yes, I love fried calimari when it isn't over cooked. I've never had
it at an SCA feast though.

Does anyone know if fried calimari is period?

My wife is one of those who won't eat any fish other than fried
fillets or fish sticks. However, at one restaurant she spotted
"calamari" on the appetizer menu and wanted to order it. I kept my
mouth shut and we ordered it, and she liked it. We had it again when
we were out. Then a waitress mentioned that it was squid, and now she
won't touch it. Sigh.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas