[Sca-cooks] Book Request

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Aug 27 20:10:00 PDT 2008

Peyton asked:

<<< I'm sorry if this is off topic, but some time in the last week
someone mentioned a book about medieval feasts (natch), IIRC it was
an overview book, not a period recipe book and it was published in
2008.  I think it was mentioned on Friday because I was home sick in
the afternoon but it was definitely mentioned at a point in time that
I wasn't at work which is the crux of my problem. >>>

Hopefully someone will have the info on this book. It should also be
in the list archives. I do see that on last Friday we had at least 10
digests, but I can forward those to you if it helps.

This book won't be in there yet, but in the future for reviews and
comments on books about period food which are not cookbooks, you
might try this file in the FOOD-BOOKS section of the Florilegium:

books-food-msg   (172K)  2/21/08    Books about food. Not cookbooks.

I'm sure that by looking through there you can find a number of books
to spend your extra money on...

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas