[Sca-cooks] Donating books to libraries, was Re: Cookbook Collection Going to Penn...a question...

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 10:43:36 PDT 2008

I was confused.  You keep saying LAPL, but there are two different public libraries in Los Angeles.  There is Los Angeles City Public Library and Los Angeles County Public Library.  And their branch coverage overlaps.  The City Library did indeed have a reasonable cookbook collection at their main branch before the fire.  Do talk to their librarians to make sure that the library as a whole still wants to replace their lost collection.

I worked for Los Angeles County Public Law Library, which was independent from either of the previously mentioned libraries.  We were constantly getting confused for both of them, and they for us.  So much so that all three libraries have regular curriers to exchange books and mail mis-delivered.

Huette