[Sca-cooks] OOP: Poutine Festival in Montreal

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 29 06:14:09 PDT 2008

> The CBC was interviewing a professor about it - the interviewer
> confessed she didn't care for poutine, finding it greasy and heavy.
> Professor Routledge (sp?), the interviewee, said he could take her to
> places in Montreal that would change her mind about poutine. So all
> poutine is not created equal...

When Elizabeth and I visited Vancouver a while back a friend
suggested we try Poutine.
Luckily just a short walk from our hotel was a place that served
"Canadian food" with Poutine as a star. We tried it and liked it.
Of course me being an Okie and her from New Orleans, having
gravy on anything we are eating is not unusual.

I do agree that it isn't something to eat every day.

> someone sometimes called Urtatim

Gunthar