[Sca-cooks] Salami

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 7 16:31:42 PDT 2008

On Aug 7, 2008, at 6:01 PM, Laureen Hart wrote:

> Adamantius answered the questions very nicely. Sorry for my lack of
> proper
> punctuation...I was carried away with longing for salami...

Sometimes we here use expressions beyond the ken of Webster, or even
Johnson. I had done something similar to Stefan a few days ago (I
forget what, but it was a similar sequence of adjectives whose objects
were a little vague under the circumstances). No grammatical flames
from me; I could as easily have said, "It's just Stefan being Stefan
again..." (and also no criticism of Stefan here, either; he's just
programmed that way, I suspect).

It's also very gratifying when the expensive book-learnin' is borne
out by the experience of someone who actually knows what they're
talking about ;-).

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter