[Sca-cooks] Offboard/Onboard/court bored? (was RE: Vegetarian & Vegans was Re: lethal drinks)

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Mon Aug 11 15:01:13 PDT 2008

euriol wrote:

>Not disagreeing with either of your comments. Would have "infrequent" been
>better than "rare" in my response? Again, from an exchequer point of view,
>breaking out the fee structure is also helpful in an event bid. Thus,
>unless you plan an all inclusive fee structure particular to the event
>(i.e. all day side board), it makes the numbers easier to manage.

I have no idea whether "rare" or "infrequent" is a better word.  I only
know about the events organised by my local group and one or two others.

 From an Exchequer/Reeve standpoint, any income estimate in a bid should
be derived from the estimated attendees and the fee structure-- so
essentially, there should be an estimate of the number paying X each fee
and each of those numbers should appear as a line item under income.
That's just basic information that should appear in an event budget.
That's quite different from financial reporting, though.

> Also,
>many people don't want to have to pay for food that they may not be able to
>eat. A broken down fee structure allows individuals (for personal reasons)
>to enjoy part of an event as best suited their needs.

Quite likely.  But that's not the event Steward's problem, not a
financial planning or reporting issue.

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,