[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Camp Cooking

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Mon Aug 11 19:45:42 PDT 2008

>Anyone else have Pennsic cooking experiences to share?

We did a dinner for about 16 with A Cooked Dish of Lentils (13th c.
Andalusian), Rishta (13th c. Middle East), and Musammana  for desert
(13th c. Andalusian, but a different cookboook). That's pretty much
our standard; the only thing that has to be brought in is the lamb
for the Rishta.

I also made oatcakes another night. That's something I had been
planning to do at Pennsic for years. They are about the simplest
possible bread-like plausibly period thing, requiring only coarse
ground oats, salt, water, a fire and a frying pan. Not the world's
tastiest dish, but not bad.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com