[Sca-cooks] weird question - honey fast???

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon Aug 11 19:49:25 PDT 2008

Antonia Calvo wrote:

> OK, next question.  Has anyone seen any recipes or instructions in
> period books that suggest that honey should _not_ be used in Lent?  I
> can't remember ever having seen any mention of it.

The only proscription I know of is for Cathars- the _perfecti_ and those
aspiring to be them apparently weren't supposed to eat honey. How
strictly this was followed, I don't know. We don't have nearly as much
documentation on their habits as we do on, say, Lenten dietary restrictions.

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore