[Sca-cooks] Fruit and Meat, was Pennsic Camp Cooking

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 13 13:14:58 PDT 2008

On Aug 13, 2008, at 3:34 PM, euriol wrote:

> It reminds me of a conversation I had with someone in camp this
> year. "I
> really don't like meat with fruit... it's really not that prominent in
> modern American cuisine." My reply "What about Turkey & Cranberry
> Sauce?"
> *Light Bulb Moment* "Oh... I never looked at it that way".

Roast pork with applesauce
Duck a l'orange/bigarrade
Mackerel with gooseberries
Ham with any of several glazes or chutneys
Lamb with mint jelly (which is often mint-flavored apple jelly)

Okay, these are mostly European, but not all that weird by American
standards...

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter