[Sca-cooks] Cafe Glace: Food at the OLYMPICS

Sandra Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Thu Aug 14 11:10:13 PDT 2008

>Odd, I thought I'd heard that the Chinese government had prohibited the use
>of dog meat/whatever as food during the Olympics!  Looks like that may not
>be the case.

I'd heard that at well.  Notice two of the comments from the site:

This article is labeled "food at the olympics" but this kind of food is not
served in Beijing. This food is native to the southern Chinese province of
Goungzhou. Beijing food looks more like some of the pictures here:
     http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/olympics_blog/2008/08/images-of-beiji.html

Actually there [sic] food is served in Beijing. I've been to that exact
place myself two years ago. Its more of a tourist spot and not traditional
food that the chinese would eat. Since I was there on holiday I thought I
might as well try some of the funky stuff..i mean wat the hell..u only live
once anyway rite?