[Sca-cooks] Cafe Glace: Food at the OLYMPICS

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 14 13:37:49 PDT 2008

Dragon wrote:
> Audrey Bergeron-Morin wrote:
>> What's weird about corn?
Maybe they thought ginger sauce would sound "weird".  I think it sounds
lovely and may invent my own ginger sauce just to try it out.  IN any
case, next to dog brains and snakes-onna-stick, corn rather pales.

> ---------------- End original message. ---------------------
>
> The only thing I find to be weird about corn is that huitlacoche is
> treated in the U.S. as a disease instead of the incredibly delicious
> delicacy it is.
>
> (Sorry, I know I am changing the subject, but... I am serious on that).
>
> Dragon

It may be a delicacy, but if it's not what you were intending to grow,
it's just another weed.  If your contract is for corn to make masa, you
can't feed the children if the huitlacoche gets into the ears.

I need to try it some day, any recommendations for the SoCal area?
Goodness knows, if it's anywhere in the US, it's here someplace.

Selene