[Sca-cooks] kitchen tips

euriol euriol at ptd.net
Tue Aug 19 13:32:00 PDT 2008

I'm not sure if this is along the lines you're looking for... but here are
some that have made my kitchen management easier.

- No more than one recipe to a single piece of paper. (See second point for
pratical side of this)

- Keep all recipes in a plastic sleeve in a 3 ring binder. This allows you
to take out the recipe, hand it to someone to work upon. If there is a
spill, the plastic can be easily wiped and the ink isn't smudged. (Keep a
second binder handy with all the recipes intact).

- Create a separate serving guide for your Head Server/Butler so they know
which recipe is supposed to be served on what equipment.

- Create a separate area for staging the dishes to be served aside from
where they are being cooked. This is especially useful when dishes for a
later course are in the midst of being cooked while the immediate course is
still waiting to be served.

- Buying in bulk is not always the cheapest way to buy. Browse store adds
for sales.

Euriol