[Sca-cooks] kitchen tips

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Aug 20 20:00:05 PDT 2008

>I have a question - does the food for the kitchen helpers come out of
> the feast budget, or is the Feast Cook supposed to front the money or are
> the helpers supposed to pitch in for pizza or Chinese delivery?
>
> I've never had money to spare to spend on lunch for my helpers. I usually
> recommend they eat breakfast and bring a lunch for themselves. I do make
> sure they can eat the feast dinner.
>
> So i'm wondering how it's done in other kingdoms.
> --
> Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)

In recent years, I usually run up a batch of cinnamon rolls for my breakfast
and for any early morning workers that are up and about.  The flour comes
from the overage I allow for the feast.  The spices come from my kit.  I
don't worry about lunch, as I usually don't eat it.  And I try to feed my
help and service their supper from the feast budget.

Bear