[Sca-cooks] Emergency food (was: kitchen tips)

Stanza693 at wmconnect.com Stanza693 at wmconnect.com
Thu Aug 21 10:54:52 PDT 2008

I can honestly say that I have never ordered a pizza or snuck out for KFC in
the middle of a feast.   I genuinely like to try the foods that the cooks of
the Outlands offer up.  (Caerthe did a wonderful 3 course luncheon last year,
IIRC, at a 12th Night.)

However, now that I have two children that are getting old enough to stay up
and eat feast at an event, I do carry "emergency food" with my feast gear.
Mainly, it is a loaf of homemade bread and some cheese or summer sausage.  Just
something that will keep the kiddos content and not screaming and ruining
everyone else's experience.  (THAT'S also the reason I haven't eaten many feasts
in the last 6 years!  I know my kids' limits.)

I wonder if other adults carry their own "emergency food" in case they feel
the need to "order in a pizza"?  I know some people around here carry olives
and other small nibbles in case feast is delayed for some reason.

--Constanza MdeH

In a message dated 8/20/2008 9:51:32 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
sca-cooks-request at lists.ansteorra.org writes:

> > But then tossing the nobility who were doing the ordering out of the
> > hall would have been memorable.
> > I do remember that one of the great lines for years afterward
> > was along the lines of  "time to order in the pizza."
>

> I do sympathise with people who are hungry due to delays, but a little
> discretion shouldn't be too much to ask...
>

> --
> Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

   </HTML>