[Sca-cooks] kitchen tips

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Thu Aug 21 12:01:23 PDT 2008

Elaine Koogler wrote:
> The biggest insult was the
> one who came into the kitchen long enough to inform us (at his decoronation)
> that he was hanging around long enough to serve High Table (a tradition here
> in Atlantia), but that he'd be leaving as soon as the serving was done
> because he refused to eat feasts!  The other head cook (a good friend who
> rarely loses her temper) threw, not a wobbly, but her tennis shoe!  The only
> reason he didn't get hit was because he had closed the door behind him
> seconds before the shoe hit the door!

Oh, Gods... yup, throwing a shoe sounds like a very moderate and
restrained reaction, to that.  I don't know what I'd have done in the
same circumstances, but I'm sure it wouldn't have been nice.

> On the topic of feeding our staff...normally, I provide "munchies" for my
> staff, but the autocrat for the last Middle Eastern feast knew that Phillip
> and I were having some financial difficulties, so she allowed funds to cover
> this in the money I was given for feast.  I did have to account for that
> money just as I did for feast expenditures.  It'd be 'way cool if the idea
> continued!

Heck, I just buy some stuff for lunch at the same time I do the last bit
of shopping and turn in the receipts for everything together.

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?