[Sca-cooks] Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>

Beth Ann Bretter ladypeyton at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 13:18:11 PDT 2008

> Elaine Koogler wrote:
> > The biggest insult was the
> > one who came into the kitchen long enough to inform us
> (at his decoronation)
> > that he was hanging around long enough to serve High
> Table (a tradition here
> > in Atlantia), but that he'd be leaving as soon as
> the serving was done
> > because he refused to eat feasts!  The other head cook
> (a good friend who
> > rarely loses her temper) threw, not a wobbly, but her
> tennis shoe!  The only
> > reason he didn't get hit was because he had closed
> the door behind him
> > seconds before the shoe hit the door!
> >

> Oh, Gods... yup, throwing a shoe sounds like a very
> moderate and
> restrained reaction, to that.  I don't know what
> I'd have done in the
> same circumstances, but I'm sure it wouldn't have
> been nice.

Wow.  I hope you're kidding because throwing anything is never a moderate and restrained reaction.

I've been in the SCA a long time and a peer for half a decade and I can honestly say I don't even remotely understand the outrage to someone saying they don't like sitting feast.

Lettice Peyton of Ashdowne