[Sca-cooks] Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 15:12:39 PDT 2008

Actually, it was as much the way it was said as the fact that it was said.
The attitude he conveyed was one that indicated that he felt that our food
wasn't fit to feed pigs much less humans.  He didn't say as much, but that
was the implication!

As for the friend who threw the shoe...put yourself in her place:  she had
been working for weeks putting the menu together, shopping, pre-cooking,
etc., not to mention starting early day of...working very hard all day,
taking all kinds of grief from this idiot who had also been giving her grief
over the fact that she was Baroness and was working in the kitchen instead
of sitting on the dais with her husband!  I know that opinions differ on
this...but we were a VERY small Barony at the time, and she and I were
really the only two who were really qualified to cook a Kingdom-level feast!

No, normally it wouldn't be a moderate response.  But in her situation...it
definitely was.

Kiri