[Sca-cooks] flavoured canned tuna?

Lady Celia CeliadesArchier at cox.net
Fri Aug 22 15:12:29 PDT 2008

Audrey Bergeron-Morin mentioned:
<<< I often bring a sandwich, fruits, bagels, nuts... a can of flavoured
canned tuna has made a few quick lunches as well.>>>

and Stefan asked:
<<Maybe because I don't have kids or don't look close enough at the
canned meats section (I do love canned anchovies and sardines and
mussels and clams), but I don't think I've heard of "flavoured canned
tuna".

What flavors are these? Apple, orange, cherry?>>

There are whole lines of premium tunas now in foil packets.  Starkist has a
"Tuna Creations" line with the following flavors:
Hickory Smoked
Zesty Lemon Pepper
Herb & Garlic
Sweet & Spicy
http://www.starkist.com/template.asp?section=products/creations.asp

In addition both starkest and chicken of the sea have tuna filets in pouches
now.  Starkist has:
Albacore Lemon & Cracked Pepper
Light Meat Lightly Seasoned
Light Meat Teriyaki
http://www.starkist.com/template.asp?section=products/fillets.asp

And Chicken of the Sea has Grilled and Teriyaki Ahi Steaks.

In service,
Celia