[Sca-cooks] Emergency food (was: kitchen tips)

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 06:28:26 PDT 2008

I guess I walked out on one...in this case, it was a Twelfth Night feast
that had been terribly oversold...we were stacked up like cordwood...so much
so that the people running the hall for the feast decided that it was too
crowded to try to serve it, so the service was buffet style.  We had my
mother-in-law with us, who couldn't really stand in line as long as it would
take to get to the food, so we left and went to a restaurant.

Usually, if the cook is someone we don't know...or whose work we don't
know...we'll just go offboard.  This is a result of several really bad
feasts we have endured...one Coronation many years ago in the East where we
knew we were in trouble when we walked in the hall and saw all of the
premier cooks at the time eating offboard!!

Kiri