[Sca-cooks] cacao nibs

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 24 19:42:47 PDT 2008

While we were dropping by Whole Foods today, I saw a 8 oz.bag of
cacao nibs and bought it.

I also bought an 8 ox bag of chocolate covered cacao nibs. These I
assume are to be eaten straight like candy.

I had in mind using the cacao nibs to try some of the 16th century
chocolate recipes. I have some of these recipes in the Florilegium. I
don't know how far this bag will go, but a quick search on the web
finds recipes for using cacao nibs in cookies and a few other items.
I saw one mention of a steak seasoning that contained cacao nibs, I
guess for a mole like taste.

Does anyone have any good suggestions or recipes that they've made
using cacao nibs?

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------