[Sca-cooks] lamb at feast

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 27 08:31:56 PDT 2008

Of course, there is no chocolate in the Northern Hemisphere, from
Ghirardelli Square to Hershey, PA to John Cadbury's chocolate shop in
Birmingham.  Nope.

Meanwhile, back on topic:  my best lamb recipe is not from an historical
document but very simple.  Leg of lamb, cut with slits, slits filled
with one-half clove garlic and an equal-sized chunk of candied ginger;
marinate in cheap nasty red wine, must be nasty, those tannins degrease
and tenderize the lamb like nothing else does.  Baste with same while
the lamb roasts until done.  This is a lamb for non-lamb-lovers;  the
only one who ever complained was the boy who was allergic to lamb and
did not know it before trying and liking this dish.

Selene