[Sca-cooks] Donating books to libraries, was Re: Cookbook Collection Going to Penn...a question...

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 28 11:05:49 PDT 2008

Ah, that clears things up a bit. No, I meant the city system. Their
recently-retired head of the Business Library has mentioned the
collection needing contributions recently, but I'll confirm with her
when I see her next, in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure what the
Business Library has to to with cookbooks, apart from Billie being a
foodie, but it's all good.

The next few CHSC events:
*
UPCOMING EVENT FOR THE CULINARY HISTORIANS OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA*

    *Monthly Programs *Our monthly programs are free and open to the
    public. Monthly programs take place at the beautiful Mark Taper
    Auditorium at the Los Angeles Central Library, Mark Taper
    Auditorium, downtown central branch, at 630 W. 5^th St.

*Saturday, September 13, 2008 10:30 a.m.*

Speaker: Linda Civitello

Topic: “Let Them Eat Cupcakes: The History of Breakfast in America”

*Saturday, October 11, 2008 10:30 a.m.*

Speaker: Charles Perry

Topic: California 1903

... which means, I guess I bail out of GWW right after Saturday's war
court. I wonder what Charles wants for post-meeting refreshments?

Selene