[Sca-cooks] Another cast iron question

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 30 15:45:16 PDT 2008

Mordonna wrote:
>My daughter (the brunette who acts ditzy, not the blonde who acts intelligent)
>knows I love to cook with cast iron when camping.  So, when she saw an
>antique cast iron teapot at a yard sale, she bought it for me.  It must have
>been a true yard sale, because the thing was covered with mud, and rust, and
>other nasty things.  I've got it nice and clean now, and I've seasoned it.
>It's a beautiful shiny black, again.
>
>But, ya know what?  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use it to
>boil water without getting the water either oily or rusty.  Anyone have
>suggestions or solutions?

My immediate thought was the cast iron object that looks like a tea
kettle that sits on the top a wood-burning stove to humidify the
room. I've mostly seem 'em on pot-bellies and some cook stoves.

Of course i can't say for certain that that is what you have...
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita

My LibraryThing