[Sca-cooks] Another cast iron question

Arianwen ferch Arthur caer_mab at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 04:36:03 PDT 2008

I haven't seen the tetsubin ones, not "european" ones,
but I fell in love with the cast iron ones I saw in
Northern Japan (and I even saw some being cast in a
little home factory in Morioka) that hung on a iron
hook, suspended from a wooden carved fish on a lang
bamboo pole, over the hibachi.

I never thought about if they were to boil water for
tea or to create humidity...

Some were finished black and some were finished Brown.

Mine has never been used, but it is showing rust (from
humidity in the air I guess)

I will probabaly use the barbeque grill and put in in
upside down with the grill on high to clean it.

Now will that work for the cast iron cornbread pans
with depressions shaped like ears of corn, where one
depression is extremely rusty and the others show no
rust at all?

Arianwen ferch Arthur
"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. And inside of a dog it's too dark to read." G. Marx