[Sca-cooks] Fruit and Meat

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 31 23:16:49 PDT 2008

Sindara replied to me with:

<<< Can anyone give me a "dessert" dish that *does* contain meat? >>>

Several years ago I did a period recipe for Tzimmis at Trial By
Fire.  Tzimmis is a sweet meat dish the contains dried fruit, root
veggies and meat.  The spicing is sweet.  It is traditional to have
Tzimmis on Rosh Hoshanah and Sukkott.  Another recipe I have used is
a mince pie that I made from a recipe for rabbit in one of Cariadoc's
cookbook's.  The recipe noted that chicken could be substituted.  I
have done chicken and I have done lamb.  Putting it into a pie was my
idea.  It has been a hit and can be served warm or cold.  I will look
for the recipes and post them.

Sindara, did you find your recipes? I may be that I simply missed
them, but I don't remember seeing them.

I'm also not sure what this dish is and which culture it is supposed
to be from, whether it is period or not.

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas