[Sca-cooks] tilapia

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 1 21:20:34 PDT 2008

Tilapia are freshwater fish of east African origin that have spread
apparently by themselves into the Middle East.  For our purposes, the
natural range would be from the Nile to Syria.  In modern times, they have
been widely imported as a staple animal for aquaculture.  The question to my
mind is, where and when were they spread in period?

Bear