[Sca-cooks] Non-Pennsic SCA activities?

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 09:20:43 PDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Dragon <dragon at crimson-dragon.com> wrote:
> For those of us who can't make it to the "big show", what have you been up
> to that is SCA related?

Being the multi-tasker that I am (or would it be committment-phobe?
LOL), I've got several ideas in the works right now. My Lord Husband
and I have been plotting several pieces of woodworking to enhance our
camp experience (and try, try, try to get rid of plastic tubs and
tables). After stumbling on a civil war reenactment group near my
parents' house this past weekend, I'm also pondering trying cast-iron
cooking over a campfire. Our local group has a couple of big demos
coming up, and I think we're still going to host the local
Post-Pennsic NSTIW party as a potluck - I grill the meat, ya'll bring
whatver else you want :) Next on our event list is Havoc in Hastings.
We've not been before, but it's our anniversary weekend and a
relatively close and long event, so we're going. There's a couple of
potluck meals there, as I understand it. I'll look at my SCA cookbooks
and try to come up with something I can make there, even if I have to
bring the camp stove and whatnot. And I also *really* need to get
working on the event website for Clancy Day, since I'm the event
steward, and prefer my own web design to our shire webminister's. Oh,
and I need to finish beading my Tudor and decide on how to cover the
nasty flaw in the fabric on the back of the skirt, and start washing
the gazillion yards of linen (from fabric-store.com) that I bought for
garb for the two of us and had delivered to my parents.

Thinking about it, the A&S 50 idea is a cool one. I'm just not sure I
could even begin to settle on what to do, much less completing stuff!
LOL

Ilsebet