[Sca-cooks] buffalo fish?

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 6 11:46:07 PDT 2008

--On Wednesday, August 06, 2008 12:29 PM -0600 Kathleen A Roberts
<karobert at unm.edu> wrote:

> anyone know anything about this li'l guy?  it's really cheap at the local
> market but i am unfamiliar with it, at least by that name.

Never heard of it, but this farm raises them:

<http://www.sfishinc.com/fisht4.htm>

Wikipedia has
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ictiobus>

Some of the websites suggest a taste close to catfish or carp (never having
had carp, I can't say whether it's close to catfish or not, but as both are
freshwater bottomfeeders, my guess is they are similar in taste and
texture).

toodles, margaret