[Sca-cooks] Take the Train

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Aug 10 21:56:10 PDT 2008

--On Sunday, August 10, 2008 11:40 PM -0500 Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> Anyone know how much "carry-on" you can bring on to the train? I assume
> you can't get to your regular baggage. On the airlines they have been
> limiting more and more how much you can carry on, and now they apparently
> are going to being charging extra for each piece of checked baggage.

According to Amtrak
(<http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak/am2Copy/Title_Image_Copy_Page&c=am2Copy&cid=1080080553878&ssid=43>)

Carry-on is two bags up to 50 lbs each.
Baggage is three bags up to 50 lbs each.

For carryon, they say:
Two-Piece Limit: Each passenger may bring aboard no more than two pieces of
carry-on baggage. Not included in this limit are personal items such as
briefcases, purses, laptops, and infant paraphernalia such as strollers,
diaper bags and car seats.

and that your carry on must be visibly tagged with your name and address.

toodles, margaret