[Sca-cooks] Good Book or No? The Banquet: Dining in the Great Courts of Late Renaissance Europe

Katheline van Weye kat_weye at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 10:28:02 PDT 2008

I was asked about a book that I hadn't heard of called "The Banquet: Dining in the Great Courts of Late Renaissance Europe" by Ken Albala.  I looked it up on Amazon but the review on there didn't give me a clue as to how knowledgeable the reviewer was in the area of food history.

So to the excellent and knowledgeable cooks on this list, is this a good book or a bad one?

In Service,
Katheline