[Sca-cooks] OOP More schools ban Peanut Butter

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Wed Aug 13 14:43:08 PDT 2008

THere was an incident at Margaret's school last year, the last few days
before Chirstmas break, where the kids ate in the classroom instead of in
the cafetria, and they were given peanut butter sadwiches, but Margaret had
ham. Now, when you say "peanut butter sandwich", I picture a loaf of bread,
a jar of peanut butter, and someone standing there with a knife making
sandwiches. But no, the children were given these vile things called
crustables, some kind of frozen crap that oozed peanut butter and jelly all
over the desks, all over their hands, and, being 5 and 6 year old little
kids, they smeared it all over their little hands, waved them at Margaret,
and went "Peanut butter, ha ha". Margaret's kindergarten teacher was
dismayed at this, and the mess it made, and I was dismayed at it too when
she told me. If her allergy had been severe enough that this wouyld have
caused a reaction, I would have been furious. I never did find out why they
needed to shut the cafeteria down for three days. This was the only problem
I encountered in the school, otherwise they were very cooperative about
accomodating the problem. We're pretty lucky, I guess.
Isabella
who gets to go through it all over again at the new school this year...

Frank Zappa

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead.
Thomas Paine