[Sca-cooks] Honey - new book

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Aug 13 22:23:28 PDT 2008

Euriol mentioned:

<<< Also, there is a lady in my kingdom that is in the process of
translating a
bee keeping manual. She's taught a few times now on period bee keeping,
including a class at Pennsic. Here is the information from Pennsic
University:

Late Period Beekeeping
What did beekeepers know in late period? Learn about beekeeping as
redacted
from period manuscripts. Taught by Baroness Olivia d'Anjou >>>

Thanks for posting this information.

For those interested in honey history and period use of honey, I also
have these files in the ANIMALS section of the Florilegium:
bees-Markham-art  (13K)  7/17/05    A translation by Baroness Morgan
of Anglesey
                                        of the section on bees and
beekeeping in
                                        one of Gervase Markham's books.
bees-msg          (54K)  5/ 1/05    Period beekeeping.
Beekeeping-AS-art (20K)  5/30/05    "Beekeeping in Anglo-Saxon/Norman
England"
                                        by Baroness Morgan of Anglesey.

There is also a file honey-msg in the FOOD-SWEETS section.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com