[Sca-cooks] kitchen tips

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Tue Aug 19 15:41:36 PDT 2008

Elaine Koogler wrote:

>--Have pre-cooks, doing as much as you can ahead of time.  You may need to
>experiment to figure out what can be prepared ahead of time and what can't.
>This decreases the amount of work and tension the day of the event.

Yes, yes, yes!

I know everyone isn't a fan of this method, but I like to completely
prep and freeze some things ahead and I've also been known to partially
prep and freeze.  For example, blancmange is a doddle to make if you
have pre-made almond milk and frozen cooked, shredded chicken.

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?