[Sca-cooks] kitchen tips

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 20 09:16:24 PDT 2008

On Aug 20, 2008, at 11:35 AM, Stanza693 at wmconnect.com wrote:

> How does one prepare rice in an oven?   This sounds like a good tip
> for a
> novice like me that *may* want to be a head cook *someday*.
> --Constanza Marina de Huelva

In general, bring twice as much volume of liquid as rice to a boil,
pour over your rice in a baking dish (could be foil), mix, cover
(could be foil), and bake in a low-to-medium oven, maybe 325 degrees
F, for 20-30 minutes. A little oil stirred into the rice -- just
enough to give it a shine, not make it look sopping with oil -- helps
keep it from clumping up.

Options for types of liquid and seasonings are practically limitless...

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter