[Sca-cooks] kitchen tips

Dragon dragon at crimson-dragon.com
Wed Aug 20 14:22:56 PDT 2008

Lilinah did speak thusly:
>I have a question - does the food for the kitchen helpers come out
>of the feast budget, or is the Feast Cook supposed to front the
>money or are the helpers supposed to pitch in for pizza or Chinese delivery?
>
>I've never had money to spare to spend on lunch for my helpers. I
>usually recommend they eat breakfast and bring a lunch for
>themselves. I do make sure they can eat the feast dinner.
>
>So i'm wondering how it's done in other kingdoms.

I can't speak on how anyone else does it even within my own kingdom...

But when I can come in under budget on a feast, I try to use a part
of the left over money to feed the cooks lunch.

If not, I usually collaborate with one or more of the other cooks to
provide something. When we did 12th Night in Dreiburgen this past
January, I provided a ham and Maggie MacDonald made a big pot of
vegetable and barley soup with some home baked bread.

We then required that everyone take a break and eat something.
Whether they ate what we provided or got their own, the break was
mandatory. There will be no fainting in any of my kitchens.

Dragon