[Sca-cooks] kitchen tips

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Aug 21 08:49:55 PDT 2008

--On Thursday, August 21, 2008 11:43 AM -0400 Heleen Greenwald
<heleen at ptd.net> wrote:

> Ah!  I never knew there was a ceremony for stepping down.

Often called "last court". And, at least in AEthelmearc, the outgoing king
always crowns the incoming king with accompaning ceremony.

(and, much to my heraldic dismay, the 3rd piece of business in court
[1=crown new king, 2=crown new queen] is making the outgoing couple
counts/countesses/dukes/duchesses. In my mind, the crown hitting the head
is only the first step, you aren't really king and queen until the peers
and populace recognize you, and the baronage swears its fealty. Once that's
over with THEN you do your first piece of awards business -- which should
rightly be the royal patents for the outgoing couple. Note this is all "in
AEthelmearc", your kingdom may vary).

toodles, margaret