[Sca-cooks] Subject: Re: kitchen tips

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 21 13:51:32 PDT 2008

On Aug 21, 2008, at 4:30 PM, Antonia Calvo wrote:

> euriol wrote:
>
>> I have served both Shrimp & Salmon successfully in the second
>> course of a
>> feast. The shrimp have been served both cold and hot. The salmon was
>> actually baked whole and displayed whole in front of high table and
>> served
>> from there to the tables.
>>

> We've had shrimp, salmon, monkfish, tuna, mussels, smoked mackerel,
> trout... this is a very seafood-positive area, though.

I STR I've done shrimp, lobster, mussels, cod, salmon, whiting, and
seafood sausages made with cod and scallops. My favorite is Le
Menagier's cuminade de poissons, made with cod.

This is also a pretty seafood-welcoming area, though. Someday I wanna
open raw oysters at an event, just for its theatrical value...

Adamantius (just finishing up some cod escabeche)

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter