[Sca-cooks] kitchen tips

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 07:04:31 PDT 2008

I wonder if using slow cookers would work...there are liners that can be
purchased for them that make cleanup a walk in the park...remove the liner
and throw it away!!  I did a wheatberry soup for the Middle Eastern feast
using them...I had two large ones and a smaller one...and borrowed another.
This made enough soup to feed 120 people.  It worked very well and gave the
wheatberries plenty of time to soften and expand the way they were supposed
to.  I did this in advance, and simply reheated the soup on the day of the
event.

Kiri