[Sca-cooks] OOP but not OT-seeking advice on a cast-iron hibachi

Pat Griffin ldyannedubosc at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 30 04:01:19 PDT 2008

Once cast iron has been cleaned, by whatever method, it should be seasoned
with some sort of fat or oil to prevent rusting.  Will the hibachi fit in
your home oven?  If so, I would oil it well, all over, with canola oil, then
place in the oven on low for an hour or so.  You should re-oil it after each
use and cleaning, but only re-season it when it begins to show signs of
rust.

Lady Anne du Bosc Known as Mordonna The Cook

Mka Pat Griffin

Thorngill, Meridies

mka Montgomery, AL

"To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old
falsehoods." From The Notebooks of Lazarus Long by R. A. Heinlein