[Sca-cooks] Another cast iron question

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Aug 30 05:59:54 PDT 2008

This seems to be a common question on various cookery lists
but the answers are seldom posted. It seems many people have Joyce Chen
"tetsubin" teapots that are rusting apparently and are seeking help with
those.
(Many are being advertised that they are finished with enamel on the
inside to prevent /rusting/.)

Ok, more success with different search terms
http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Care-For-Your-Cast-Iron-Teapot-To-Ensure-Longevity&id=761618
http://www.xmission.com/~drudy/hist_text-arch4/msg00021.html
http://www.zensuke.com/howto.html
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/881047

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Information/CastIronPans.htm   talks
about seasoning
and cooking in cast iron, but doesn't offer any hints on teapots. Not a
bad article though.

Hope this helps,

Johnnae