[Sca-cooks] food laws

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 30 21:37:22 PDT 2008

On Aug 31, 2008, at 1:27 AM, Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps wrote:

> Stefan:
> A capybara is a very large rodent, I believe it is native to South
> and possibly Central America. About as large as a medium-sized pig,
> as I recall.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capybara
> Kinda cute, actually... I wonder if any of the big ones were native
> to Florida? We had a lot of very large mammals in Florida, from the
> blurb on Fossil Vertebrates of Florida it's a distinct possibility,
> have to look it up.
> Ok, that's enough channeling the geologist-in-training, I'm going to
> bed now. Hold a good thought for those in the path of Gustav.
> Cheers,
> Isabella de la Gryffin
>
> Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.
> Frank Zappa

Another [remote] possibility is that where capybara was written, coypu/
nutria was meant. I consider this only because the coypu is, like the
capybara, large (although not as large as the capybara), edible, and
more likely to be found in the Southern US than a capybara. And the
name is vaguely similar...

Or we can just take Fra Niccolo at his word, since I can think of many
worse policies...

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter