[Sca-cooks] Christmas feast for the public

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 08:09:12 PDT 2008

Greetings to the list!

Our local shire has decided to once again put on a Christmas feast
fundraiser. Last year, we partnered with a local organization, but we ended
up doing all the work (even for ticket sales!), so we're putting this one on
ourselves. This will essentially be a ticketed demo, with entertainment and
food. Our current idea is to have a caterer help prepare our recipes. We
intend to have a plated starter (soup or some such), buffet service for the
entree, and a plated dessert. We don't have a specific time/place to base
off of - we want to have medieval food that will not be seen as weird, and
can be prepared inexpensively (we want to charge about $25 a ticket, but
don't have the other costs set just yet). Current brainstorming is to have
the caterer prepare simply roasted meats, and we'll make sauces that people
can choose from to dress the meats, but we are open to other ideas. I'm just
starting to ponder possible dishes - does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Ilsebet