[Sca-cooks] Subject: Re: kitchen tips

morgana.abbey at juno.com morgana.abbey at juno.com
Wed Aug 20 17:22:06 PDT 2008

The best way to put fish in the first course is to serve it cold.  When I planned my first feast, I got a lot of static about the fish course.  Mostly it was that 1)  noone would eat fish and 2)  it will be dried out.

Well, if you try to put a hot dish in the first course and something (royalty) delays the start of feast, yes it will be fish-flavored shingles hitting the tables.  A cold dish went over so well that one half of one portion was all that came back to the kitchen.

Save the hot dish for the second course.  You just need to time it so that you're firing the fish as the first course is going out.

Morgana