[Sca-cooks] Andorra was Re: water and "plums"

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Mon Dec 1 07:28:42 PST 2008

Was written:

Being less than 200 sq.miles, having a population of less than 10
> people per sq. mile, and being so high it has a miserably short growing
> season, the primary trade for centuries was smuggling between France and
> Spain.  I understand that it has been trying to make itself a tax haven
> and financial center as the EU has cut into the smuggling business.

 The last politially distinct bastion of Catalan culture, they must be doing
something right because it population has the second highest longevity rate
in the world.  Perhaps isolation, the cool mountain air and the fact that it
has no military or income taxes?

Daniel