[Sca-cooks] How to cite SCA cooks messages

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Fri Dec 5 16:04:19 PST 2008

> In a message dated 12/5/2008 2:11:54 PM Mountain Standard Time, Solveig
> writes:
>

>> Noble Cooks!
>>
>> Greetings from Solveig! Generally speaking, there is no requirement
>> to ask somebody's permission to cite them.
>
> Not required, but polite.  I try to remember to do it, but sometimes fail.
> It lets people know that you found something of value in what they've
> said/written.
>
> Constanza

It also allows you to ask if the citation represents the author's most
current thinking on the subject or whether they have changed their mind or
broadened their scope, as recently occurred over a citation on my trencher
research.  This is a serious consideration with the temporal disconnect
represented by the longevity of web postings.

Bear