[Sca-cooks] testing...

Maggie MacD. maggie5 at cox.net
Wed Dec 17 19:05:07 PST 2008

At 07:04 AM 12/17/2008,Kathleen A Roberts said something like:

>>Everybody is busy cooking warm things to fight off cold weather?
>
>lordy yes!  in the midst of my seasonal cookie-baking flurry.   was
>so hoping for a snow day yesterday, but alas only a two hour
>delay.  not long enough for a batch of nuthin'. 8(
>
>cailte

I've retired from cooking at home, but every once in a while I get an
itch to cook just a little something.

I was driving to work today through a really immense rainstorm and
felt the urge for SOUP.  I stopped at a Smart and Final, got chicken
thighs, frozen mixed italian vegetables, and a can of marinara
sauce.  They went into the crockpot in the break room with a double
handful of barley, some garlic bouillion and a sprinkle of thyme.

It was ready by lunchtime, and the coworkers all proceeded to chow
down (including the extremely fussy diet limited ones). The absolute
adoration by my coworkers was so wonderful.  They gave me the
absolute thanks though, they handled all leftovers and scrubbed up
the entire affair for me before the end of the day. All I had to do
was go put the clean dry crockpot back in the cabinet, collect the
unused chicken and toodle out the door to go home.

Soooooup. It's so nice on a day when its too miserable to even think
about stepping outside.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.