[Sca-cooks] Ideas for homemade holiday gifts - for cat owners

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Fri Dec 19 11:35:15 PST 2008

> On Dec 19, 2008, at 3:55 AM, Laura C. Minnick wrote:
>
>> That reminds me of a certain Classic Red Tabby of my acquaintance
>> who, having been reprimanded about her attitude towards a certain
>> bird, proceeded to poop directly behind the Seat of Authority. It
>> would seem that she was rather good at conveying her opinion of being
>> reprimanded. :-)
>
> In theory, yes, but eventually the red tabby in question was made
> aware that if all it took to legalize the regarding of another living
> thing with carnivorous lust was a certain size/mass disparity, I'd be
> happy to rewrite the menu and get in bigger plates.
>
> "But... I'm a carnivore! It's my nature; I can't help it."
> "Hey, what a coincidence! Me, too! And I have a nice new roasting pan,
> too. But there's not a lot of meat on such a little bird. I'm thinking
> of something more... substantial."
>
> Actually, I was thinking one of those lovely raised English pies...
> and a substantial pie it would have been, too!
Is your oven big enough?
> There was an unfortunate roadkill incident in front of my apartment
> building this summer, and for various reasons it fell to me to
> decently dispose of some animal remains. As I recall, what was
> noteworthy wasn't how nasty the whole experience was (and it was), but
> my ability to look with a certain professional detachment on the
> resulting hairy pancake and say, "Hey, look, Falschehasse... that'd be
> lovely with some red wine, some peppercorns, and a few juniper
> berries..."
>
> Adamantius
Around here that would be 'Flan de Rocky J. Squirrel'... (And remind me
never to eat 'mystery meat' at your place... I want to see the
supermarket packaging!)

I was at Walgreens the other day and saw a dog toy- a fluffy grey
squirrel. I'm still thinking about getting it for our kitties to play
with (I'll have to fill it with 'nip and take the squeaker out),
particularly in view of the war our Fluffy Grey Kitty, Shadow, has going
with the grey squirrel that lives out front of the house. Said squirrel
likes to play right in front of the picture window in the dining room,
and has been known to moon the cat. Cat occasionally forgets about the
nature of glass and we hear the * bonk! * when he smacks his head on the
glass.

In a food-related note, I'm told that the red tabby helped eat up the
last of the turkey carcass... as you noted, she luves her some poultry...

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore