[Sca-cooks] Ideas for homemade holiday gifts - for cat owners

chawkswrth at aol.com chawkswrth at aol.com
Mon Dec 22 13:15:28 PST 2008

The first feline of my memory was Suzi, a Sealpoint Siamese with Attitude to spare. One time, she had a litter of kittens in the Garage. (this was the early 60's) Our Cocker Spaniel, Taffy, had callers in the front yard; a German Shepherd named Max from down the street, and a neighbor's mixed breed named Pooch. Dad was out there, cooking over the grill, for it was summer, it was Friday, and that was the usual rule of the house.
Suzi took strong objection to the presence of all these dogs. Very Strong. So strong, that Dad came running in the House, yelling for Mother to come call her cat.
It seems that she came to the door of the gaarage, and bristled. The dogs paid her no mind. She yowled. The dogs just looked at her. She jumped in the middle of them, using Siamese Language for 'GET OFF MY YARD!'. Swiped Pooch across the nose, and rode Max down the street, working her claws in the back of his neck. Taffy ran for the back yard....
This is the same cat that thought the Horse in our yard one afternoon was nothing more then a huge DOG that needed to leave...didn't help that Dad was riding the horse at the time....

Helen
closing on that image ::wince::