[Sca-cooks] One little kitty cat

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 18:04:35 PST 2008

 Elaine Koogler wrote:

> And, on the other side of the story, I have fond memories of watching our
> declawed orange tabby, Lao Tsu, chasing German Shepherds for fun and
> profit!  I guess they were startled that a mere cat would actually chase
> THEM.

Totally, Michel, who came to us as a baby, did the same with our two
springer spaniels till they became friends and they napped together, ate
together, lived together and all three died within nine months of each
other they were such a united family. Michel was 13 and our springers
were 18 and 16.

Robin, our baby kitten, has conjunctivitis again. Vet took samples of
the pus today to see if Robin has something else. It was a terrible
session as someone or animal was aggressive with Robin when a baby. He
is miserably defensive. I take him to therapy for free every week. He
was born in the slums, in a room with a dirt floor, no kitchen or
bathroom. He was one of 10 brothers and sisters and beside his mother he
had two aunts. I took Peter there to his home for him to see and
believe. He, a Chilean, could not believe such conditions exist. Robin
is a gem except when in front of animals, vets or others who smell of
animals. Then he goes crazy but defensively. It is tradegic to watch.

Robin is doing quite well with toilet training by the way. He is really
so intelligent and now down to the toilet seat. We have discarded the
trainer seat for kittens and we are trying to reduce the amount of
sunflower seeds which we are using in place of cat liter as we can flush
them down the toilet.

I become sad and discouraged with this training so we look for things on
the web to help me be more patient. We saw one of those tube videos on
toilet training a cat. The story goes that the girlfriend tells him, a
comedian, that cat must be toilet trained. She goes away on a business
trip. He comes home after the night show and a few beers and relieves
himself in 'cat's toilet seat with the aluminum baking pan and cat liter
below'. Next he has to shovel out his 'pancake' or was that bigger???
Yeah, I think he said after so many beers it was like a large cake!!!
and he had to shovel all that into the trash. . . . Imagine having to
shovel your own excretions in to the trash for one little kitty cat!!!!!

Peter, Robin and I have rented a room to see the Chilean fireworks which
are the best in the world after Sydney here in Viña del Mar on 31
December. Peter, on the other hand, is doubting. Is there anyone of you
who can receive him in Sydney? He has lots of champagne but no shovel.
Suey :-)  Happy holidays to all of you!!!