[Sca-cooks] P.S.: Re Chocolate Crinkle Cookies...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Dec 23 17:24:53 PST 2008

Hullo, the list!

Once again, something on this list has caused some secondary
fermentation in what passes for my brain; the reference to chocolate
crinkle cookies and Snickerdoodles (which latter was, admittedly, my
own fault), had me thinking of the little boxes of cookies my brothers
and sisters used to bring to school on field trips and other lunch-
carrying State Occasions.

I vaguely remembered a chocolate cookie, very small, looking a fair
bit like the photo of the chocolate crinkle cookies discussed earlier.
These would have been like those little circus-cage-styled boxes of
animal crackers, but containing little round cookies, maybe an inch or
an inch-and-a-half across. As I recall there were chocolate chip,
ginger snaps, and chocolate cookies, all essentially similar in basic
size and shape.

A brief dig through Google yields our suspects: Nabisco Chocolate
Snaps, also available in Ginger, Chocolate Chip, and Lemon varieties,
with an animal face drawn over the photo of each respective cookie on
each box... these may have been a New-York-area-specific thing, but
I'm not sure.

http://mistertoast.blogspot.com/2006_09_01_archive.html

For those (all .00009 of you) interested in a seminal piece of the
jigsaw puzzle of my childhood, scroll down to about the fifth entry
down.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter